Whenever your Samsung dishwasher displays an error code, it indicates that something has gone wrong somewhere. Some issues need to be diagnosed and repaired by an appliance technician, but there are many Samsung dishwasher error codes you can rectify on your own, saving you time and money.
Knowing what each area code means is useful and can help you determine which part of your dishwasher is malfunctioning. If your dishwasher has a digital display, an error code will be displayed when your dishwasher is not functioning properly. This comes in handy because you can look up or ask a professional who can help you with your Samsung dishwasher troubleshooting. For models without a digital display, blinking lights will appear instead
Listed below are some of the common Samsung dishwasher error codes and what they mean:
- On Waterwall models, this means that the water is not passing through the filter.
- To fix this, locate the fine filter at the bottom of the dishwasher and clear it of any food particles or other debris that is clogging it.
- You can find instructions on how to clean the filter in your user manual. If the error code is still present after the filter is cleaned, you may need to request a service call through our Support Center.
- This error code tells you that the pump on your dishwasher has malfunctioned.
- Sometimes restarting the dishwasher can jumpstart the pump, so try that first.
- If the error code does not go away, contact our Support Centre for a service call.
High water temperature:
- If the temperature of the water from your hot water supply is too hot, this code will appear.
- Check to be sure that the hot water is not set above 176 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After adjusting the temperature, the code shouldn’t reappear. If it does not, place a service call through our Support Centre.
Water supply error:
- Dishwashers need to get water that is at the right temperature and pressure. If the water supply for your Samsung dishwasher does not meet the pressure and temperature requirements, this error code will be displayed.
- To troubleshoot, make sure that the water supply is on.
- Keep in mind that floodsafe hoses should not be used because they are not compatible with Samsung dishwashers.
- Contact our Support Centre for assistance if you need further assistance.
- This error code means that the dishwasher can’t drain.
- To fix this, check the dishwasher’s drain connection at the sink to ensure there are no issues.
- Then, inspect the drain hose, and if necessary, clean it, the filter and the sump in the tub.
Waterwall reflector error:
- If the reflector cannot move freely, this error code will appear.
- Make sure that the reflector is installed and positioned correctly.
- Also check to make sure it is not clogged.
Low water level:
- If there isn’t enough water in your dishwasher, you will see this Samsung dishwasher error code pop up on the display.
- Empty out the dishwasher and try to run a cycle.
- If this doesn’t clear the error code, place a service call with us.