A refrigerator is one of the most relied upon kitchen appliances in our modern world. You need it to prolong the life of your food and drinks and keep them safe and healthy to it. Also, if you wouldn’t prefer making countless trips to the market to buy groceries for daily use, a fridge will be your savior.
LG is a renowned choice for people who are looking for a durable and budget-friendly refrigerator. LG fridge manufacturers have been making efficient fridges for so long now, and consumers love them. However, a time comes when every fridge, no matter the maker, succumbs to wear and tear and fails to work as supposed to. The LG refrigerator is no exception. When your reliable LG fridge starts exhibiting some problems, it’s easy to panic.
If you’re experiencing LG fridge problems, you have come to the right place. We’ll offer you a step-by-step troubleshooting guide on how to DIY fix your faulty LG fridge, teach you how to diagnose for common issues, and, if the problem is beyond you, offer professional repair assistance. If you lack the tools and expertise to troubleshoot your LG fridge problem, we’ll save you time, money, and disappointment by sending a licensed LG repair technician on the same day!
Whether your side-by-side or French door LG fridge is leaking or has heating problems, we have the ability to diagnose it and offer a permanent repair solution. You can call us anytime, 24/7, to assess your LG fridge problem and fix it on the spot! Call us for your emergency LG fridge repair service, and we’ll send a licensed local LG fridge repairman within the hour!
Top 5 Common LG Refrigerator Problems and Solutions
Through our research and experience dealing with LG fridges for over 10 years, we have discovered that these 5 common LG refrigerator problems are likely to affect your LG fridge someday, if not yet. Therefore, we have come up with a list of common issues and how you can troubleshoot them yourself. However, if you fear for your safety and your appliance, we recommend calling an RA Appliance Repair professional to help you out.
LG Fridge Leaking Problem and Troubleshooting
Do you always find water on the floor near your LG fridge? If your LG refrigerator is leaking, there are several possible reasons why.
Causes of the problem
- Frozen or clogged defrost drain hose. Water will be forced to flow over the drain into the compartment end hence leaking onto the floor.
- A defective tank assembly
- Faulty water inlet valve
- Open container
- Faulty water filter
- Cracked LG refrigerator drain pan
- For frozen and clogged defrost drain, you need to check if the drain is clogged and remove any debris. If it’s frozen, you can use hot water to defrost it. This will sort out the water flowing over it hence causing leaking.
- If the tank assembly is cracked or defective, you need to replace it; otherwise, your LG fridge will keep leaking.
- If the water inlet valve is faulty, you need to check for clog or if it’s frozen. If it’s neither, you need to replace it.
- If you leave any container with food or drinks in your LG fridge unsealed, it can leak water in the fridge. You need to confirm that all containers are sealed.
- Replace faulty water filter.
- If the drain pan is cracked, you need to replace it.
- If you try any of the above and your LG refrigerator still leaks, contact RA Appliance Repair for help.
LG Refrigerator Noise Problem and Troubleshooting
Is your LG refrigerator humming and rattling? A lot of other LG fridge users complain about their fridge making loud and strange noises. Your LG fridge isn’t supposed to be completely silent, but if you hear some weird noise, it’s a cry for help.
Cause of LG fridge noise problems
- The most common causes of noise from your LG refrigerator are the condenser and evaporator fan motor or fan blade. They can either be blocked or damaged. They cause rattling, grinding, or squealing noises.
- Faulty water inlet valve. Causes rattling, grinding, or squealing noises.
- Faulty compressor. Causes bangs, thumps, or whistles noises.
- Remove the rear access panel of the fridge and check if something is blocking the condenser motor or fan blade. Ice may have built up around them hence blocking and inhibiting their movement. You need to clear any blockages and clogging around or in them.
- If the water inlet valve is louder than normal, there might be mineral deposits in it, so you need to replace it.
- A faulty compressor needs to be replaced.
- If you’re unable to repair, clean, or replace any part of your LG fridge causing noise problems, call us, and we’ll send a licensed LG repair technician to help you.
LG Fridge Ice Maker Problem and Troubleshooting
If your ice maker is not making ice as it’s supposed to, you need to fix it as soon as possible. Otherwise, how will you enjoy your favorite drink if it isn’t ice cold? Here are common reasons why your ice maker has jammed:
Causes of the LG ice maker problem
- A faulty water inlet valve. If the water filter is defective, it won’t meet the least needed water pressure of 20 psi, so the LG fridge will give water but not enough to make ice.
- A faulty water filter. A water filter needs to be working fine to maintain the right water flow to the ice maker without impurities. If it fails, it will automatically cause the ice maker to fail.
- A defective Ice maker’s power switch. The switch might be off or the wire harness system faulty, causing the ice maker to stop working.
- Unfavorable internal temperatures. It might cause the ice maker to stop working.
- A faulty infrared beam in the ice level control board. If the beam is defective, the onboard tech in your LG fridge won’t switch to ice-making mode. If every other component is okay and the ice maker isn’t making ice, a faulty ice level control board might be the cause.
- Open LG fridge door. Your LG unit works optimally only when the door is closed.
- If your water inlet valve isn’t supplying water into the fridge at the right pressure, check the water source and ensure full pressure is on. If the problem is not in the source, your water inlet valve might be broken and faulty. It would be best if you replaced it.
- A faulty water filter needs to be replaced. If your water filter is always working, it needs to be replaced at least twice a year.
- Check if the ice maker’s power switched flipped to OFF. If it’s ON, check for any connection issue in the wiring. If you see nothing you can fix, call a repair technician from RA Appliance Repair.
- Your LG fridge should be at -4°F (-20°C) for the ice maker to switch to ice-making mode. Check that.
- Replace a faulty infrared beam of the ice level control board.
- Always shut your LG fridge door if you want the ice maker to work.
- If none of the above DIY troubleshooting makes your ice maker start working again, call us for help.
LG Fridge Cooling Problems and Troubleshooting
If your LG fridge is not cooling properly, here are the possible causes:
Causes of the LG fridge cooling problems:
- Dirty condensing coils. It might cause your unit to be unable to retain the selected temperatures.
- Faulty evaporator fan. If ice and debris build up around the fan, the fan won’t circulate air effectively.
- Faulty condenser fan. Obstructed blades or a defective motor may cause the condenser fan to fail and thus poor or no air circulation in the condenser coils.
- Faulty compressor
- Faulty start relay. The relay works hand in hand with the compressor. If it fails, the compressor follows.
- Unplug your unit and use a hard brush to clean dirty condensing coils.
- Clear debris or ice around the evaporator fan.
- Clear any clogging or debris around the compressor fan.
- Replace/repair a faulty compressor or a start relay. If any other part is faulty, call a professional technician to replace or repair it.
LG Freezer Problems and Troubleshooting
Is your LG freezer not defrosting automatically? Here might be the causes:
Causes of LG Freezer Problems
- A Faulty defrost control board, heater assembly, thermostat, defrost timer, sensor or fuse, or the main control board.
Use a multimeter to test every part mentioned above. If they are faulty, you need to replace them. If they are okay, including the main control board, you need a professional to diagnose the problem. Call RA Appliance Repair technicians at +1-833-619-1636 for same-day LG fridge problems repair.
RA Appliance Repair Your Licensed LG Appliance Repair Technician
We’re licensed by LG to repair all their appliances, including the LG refrigerator. If your LG fridge is experiencing any problems, call your reliable LG appliance repair professional at (833) 619-1636!