Common Bad Habits That Break Your Dishwasher
A dishwasher can half the time spent washing dishes; but some precautions will keep it functioning for longer.
With years of experience, we talk about some of the most common ‘bad habits’ that are at the root cause of dishwashers malfunctioning and requiring dishwasher repair in Toronto.
- Dirty dishes – This might seem like a contradiction, but dishwashers are not suitable for overly soiled dishes. If these are not scrubbed, various elements of your dishwasher will, over time, get clogged by food waste. Food waste is known to block spray arms, jam pumps and clog drain openings. It is also a recipe for an unhygienic environment, with bacterial buildup in and around components.
- Non-dishwasher soap – Using non-dishwasher soap is a sure shot way to create a mess, and possibly breaking your dishwasher. Unsuitable soaps will lead to, at the very least, inadequate cleaning of dishes, and leave a mess inside and outside the dishwasher. Over time, poor quality or non-dishwasher soap will cause sediment build-up in components, causing them to become less effective and eventually fail.
- Non-dishwasher safe items – Washing non-dishwasher safe items in a dishwasher is a surprisingly common reason for dishwasher failure. Smalls chips or cracked pieces can be easily flung around and get lodged in operational elements of the machine.
- The humble float switch – A little device which measures when the dishwasher is full of water and ready to fill with water. If, because of sedimentation, food waste or other debris in the switch gets stuck in a particular position, the dishwasher is not likely to function. Hence, the importance of minding the three points above.
RA Appliance Repair is a trusted and reliable name for so many people. We pride ourselves on completing a job for the long run – and not having you call again for the same problem.
No problem is too big or too small for our experienced technicians. Our repair teams have seen it all and are best placed to determine the root cause of your dishwasher not working.
What’s more, we have a 24/7 hotline for dishwasher repair in Toronto. Especially handy if your dishwasher has just started to leak!
Dishwashers are an appliance that add convenience and reduce a great deal of effort around the home. However, an incomplete understanding of how a dishwasher works, and its limitations, will result in a broken-down appliance and necessitate dishwasher repair in Toronto.
However, we can’t avoid some malfunction or wear over time, since stove and ranges need regular care or sometimes parts replacement over the years.
Common Problems With Dishwashers
If you are going to call for dishwasher repair in Toronto…
Our 24/7 service and expert technicians means we’ll resolve your issue the first time.
Certainly, that adage doesn’t hold true for dishwashers. Today’s appliances are far more reliable than they used to be. But given the difficult nature of the task at hand, and how easily careless handling can damage them, dishwasher repair in the Toronto area is something that is needed every once in a while.
In this piece we look at a few common problems that may blight your dishwasher.
- Not cleaning well – This is really a rather subjective assessment, but owners can usually tell after a few bad washes that dishwasher repair in Toronto needs to be called to see why the appliance is not cleaning effectively. Anything from clogged outlets to hard water can cause dishes to come out dirty.
- Occasional flooding – A dishwasher houses a water reservoir in its base. This must be emptied after every wash. If there is a malfunction with the pump, it will mean water will overflow. Also, a clogged drain can stop the reservoir from emptying.
- Leaking washer – A leaky dishwasher is a homeowner’s worst nightmare. Broken, damaged or worn out seals or gaskets are possible causes, though where water is draining from will help narrow down the fault. Leaks can cause significant damage and a dishwasher repair service in Toronto must be called promptly.
- Not starting – Used to be that a dishwasher not starting would be a simple sign of a blown fuse or loose wire. Not so today. Today, dishwasher repair service must be prepared for a plethora of electrical and electronic faults, including failed sensors and software errors.
- Sticking racks – Racks requiring more force than normal to pull out, making a grind sound or leaving marks in the dishwasher is a clear sign of misalignment. This can result from wear and tear forcing the racks to become misshapen, the walls of the dishwasher having changed or the rollers having got damaged. Dishwasher repair is essential for correcting this before whatever flaw there is starts to cascade into permanent damage.
“They don’t make them like they used to anymore” is the wise sounding adage every homeowner is familiar with. As appliance and dishwasher repair in Toronto we are certainly not alien to it either. Whether it is true is not something easy to attest to. After all, appliances today are geared highly for efficiency, too, not something appliances from decades ago could ever claim